Thursday, March 5, 2015

Past Dedication




Written in the beginning of 2013 on personal Facebook Page:



When I graduated from nursing school, eons ago, this song came out and it immediately made me think of my mom. I bought her this CD, I think for mothers day, and dedicated this song to her.
It is not only because she is my mom. It is because she is a true friend and I couldn't have asked for a better role model to aspire to. 
I have not always been the easiest child. (Don't tell her I admitted this). Other than the usual antics. Yes, getting married at 16, having all my children by the time I was 19, and then to top it off finding out I had Bipolar and having to be hospitalized several times over the years, this was trying to say the least.
I do recall though that during one of my "breakdowns", my mind had a break in reality. I needed someone to care for me, fight for me, and guide me back to living my life. Mom was the one who did this. She not only fought for me, she was there reorganizing my life afterward. Teaching me once again how to do the laundry, organize the house, care for the kids.
Thankfully, I now monitor myself extremely closely, and I have a wonderfully supportive husband and children. But it is my mom who has pushed me forward. And mom, I will do everything I can for you.
Thank you so much for your love.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will follow up with any questions of interest.